All appraisals are done on-site by a Graduate Gemologist of the Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- Insurance companies often require an appraisal of your jewelry. We have two Graduate Gemologists with over 50 years of experience who consult to give the most accurate appraisal possible.
- Insurance gives you peace of mind to wear and enjoy your jewelry every day instead of keeping it locked in a safe or security deposit box.
- We’ll take the time with you that you deserve. We understand all your jewelry is important, and will take the time to go over each of your pieces with you.
Types of appraisals we perform
- To put your mind at ease an appraisal for insurance purposes will provide you with a legal document itemizing your jewelry, including measurements and stone grades, photographs, detailed descriptions and replacement values.
- This type of appraisal gives a fair market value of your jewelry instead of a replacement cost. It is often used to settle an estate for tax purposes or help in dispersing jewelry equally among heirs. Fair Market Value appraisals may also be used as "Donation appraisals" and the values may be used as a tax deduction.
Every piece of jewelry is unique so please come into our Collinsville CT store and speak with one of our experts about our fees and turn around time.
Each article of jewelry taken in for any type of service at Carol & Company is treated with the utmost care.